Richard R. McNeer, II, M.D., Ph.D.
- Fax: 305-545-6195
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
- Trauma Anesthesiology
- Medical Alarm Design
- Edworthy JR, Schlesinger JJ, McNeer RR, Kristensen MS, Bennett CL. Classifying Alarms: Seeking Durability, Credibility, Consistency, and Simplicity. Biomed Instrum Technol 2017;51:50-7.
- McNeer RR, Bennett CL, Bodzin D, Dudaryk R. Factors affecting acoustics and speech intelligibility in the operating room: Size matters. Anesth Analg. 2017 124(6):1978-1985.
- Dudaryk R, Bodzin, DK, Ray J, Jabalay CS, McNeer RR, Epstein RH. Low End-Tidal Carbon Dioxide at the Onset of Emergent Trauma Surgery Is Associated With Nonsurvival: A Case Series. Anesth Analg. 2017 Oct;125(4):1261-1266.
- McNeer RR, Bennett CL, Dudaryk R. Intraoperative noise increases perceived task load and fatigue in anesthesiology residents: A simulation-based study. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2016; 122(2):512-523.
- Benitez-Lopez J, Rao SR, McNeer RR, Dudaryk R. Intraoperative auto-triggered pressure support ventilation resistant to increased flow rigger threshold. Anesthesia & Analgesia Case Reports 2016; 7(1):9-12.
- McNeer RR, Dudaryk R, Nedeff NB, Bennett CL. Development and testing of screen-based and psychometric instruments for assessing resident performance in an operating room simulator. Anesthesia Research and Practice 2016; 2016:9348478.
- Bennett CL, Dudaryk R, Ayers AL, McNeer RR. Simulating environmental and psychological acoustic factors of the operating room. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 2015; 138(6):3855-3863.
- McNeer RR, Varon AJ. Pitfalls of hemodynamic monitoring in patients with trauma. Anesthesiology Clinics 2013; 31(1):179-194.
- Bennett C, Leider C, McNeer R. Application of Audio Engineering and Psychoacoustic Principles to Audible Medical Alarms. Audio Engineering Society Convention 135. Audio Engineering Society, 2013.
- Bennett C, McNeer RR. PT-SAFE: A Software Tool for Development and Annunciation of Medical Audible Alarms. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2012; 114:576-583.
- Castro-Llanos A, Bohorquez J, McNeer RR, Ozdamar O. Simultaneously extracted transient and steady-state evoked responses during general anesthesia: Variability of different rates. IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society 2012; 3472-3475.
- McNeer R, Varon AJ. Monitoring the trauma patient. In Essentials of Trauma Anesthesia. Ed. Varon AJ, Smith C. Cambridge University Press 2012.
- Bennett CL, McNeer RR, Leider CN. Urgency Analysis of Audible Alarms in The Operating Room. International Society for Music Information Retrieval 2011; 771-775.
- McNeer RR, Bohorquez J, Ozdamar O. Influence of auditory stimulation rates on evoked potentials during general anesthesia: relationship between the transient auditory middle-latency response and the 40-Hz auditory steady-state response. Anesthesiology 2009; 110:1026-1035.
- Pierre E, McNeer RR, Shamir M. Early Management of the Traumatized Airway. Anesthesiology Clinics 2007; 25(1):1-11.
- McNeer RR, Bohorquez J, Ozdamar O, Varon A, Barach P. A new paradigm for the design of audible alarms that convey urgency information. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing 2007; 21:353-363.
- Rong M, Rossi EA, Zhang J, McNeer RR, Van Den Brande JMH, Yasin M, Weed DT, Carraway CAC, Thompson JF, Carraway KL. Expression and localization of Muc4/sialomucin complex (SMC) in the adult and developing rat intestine: implications for Muc4/SMC Function. Journal of Cellular Physiology 2005; 202:275-284.
- McNeer RR, Huang D, Fregien NL, Carraway KL. Sialomucin complex in the rat respiratory tract: a model for its role in epithelial protection. Biochemical Journal 1998; 330:737-744.
- McNeer RR, Carraway CA, Fregien NL, Carraway KL. Characterization of the expression and steroid hormone control of sialomucin complex in the rat uterus: implications for uterine receptivity. Journal of Cellular Physiology 1998; 176(1):110-119.
- McNeer RR, Price-Schiavi S, Komatsu M, Fregien NR, Carraway KL. Sialomucin complex in tumors and tissues. Frontiers in Bioscience 1997; 15; 2:D449-D459.
- Rossi EA, McNeer RR, Price-Schiavi SA, Van den Brande JM, Komatsu M, Thompson JF, Carraway CA, Fregien NL, Carraway KL. Sialomucin complex, a heterodimeric glycoprotein complex. Expression as a soluble, secretable form in lactating mammary gland and colon. Journal of Biological Chemistry 1996; 27; 271(52):33476-33485.
- Lewis NA, McNeer RR, Taveras DV. The Use of Pressure-tuning Spectroscopy to Distinguish between One and Two Electron Transfer Processes. Inorganica Chimica Acta 1994; 225:89-93.