Steven Vanni, DO, DC
- Fax: 305-243-3789
- Neurological Surgery
Spinal cord injury and spinal surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, spinal biomechanics, conservative management and alternative management of back pain and back injuries.
- American Osteopathic Board of Surg-Neurological Surgery
- Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery, Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
-Back Pain - Acute -Biomechanics -Chronic Back Pain -Complex Spinal Surgery -Kyphoplasty -Low Back Pain -Lower Back Pain -Lumbar Spinal Surgery -Neuroblastoma -Non-Surgical Approach to Back Pain -Reconstructive Spinal Surgery -Spinal Cord Injury -Spinal Cord Injury Pain -Spinal Cord Stimulation -Spinal Neurological Surgery Spinal Neurosurgery Spinal Surgery
- Pub Med Publication
- Farhat HI, Hood B, Vanni S, Levi AD. Minimally invasive repair of spontaneous intracranial hypotension. Submitted J Neurosurgery.
- Manzano GR, Casella G, Wang MY, Vanni S, Levi AD. A prospective randomized study comparing expansile cervical laminoplasty versus cervical laminectomy and fusion. J Neurosurg: Spine.
- Jea A, Vanni S, Green BA. Syringomyelia in: The Spine, 5th edition. Herkowitz et al, Rothman-Simone, section Editors. The Spine-chapter 84. Elsevier, inc., WB Saunders Company. Philadelphia, PA.
Top Doctors (Castle Connolly)
Admitted to the Miami Dade College Hall of Fame for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine
University of Miami School of Medicine - Department of Neurological Surgery
Long Island Jewish Medical Center / North Shore University Hospital
Nova Southeastern University
Life Chiropractic College
Miami Dade Community College
Dr. Steven Vanni is a board certified Neurological Surgeon who specializes in complex spinal disorders. He finished his Neurosurgical residency in 2000 at Long Island Jewish and North Shore Hospital in New York. He completed his fellowship in complex spinal disorders at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center under Dr. Barth Green and Frank Eismont. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Vanni joined the esteemed faculty of the Department of Neurological Surgery at University of Miami in 2001.
Having been trained in the fields of Osteopathy and as a Chiropractor, Dr. Vanni is a Neurosurgeon who views spine conditions from a unique and holistic perspective, offering various treatment options both surgical and non-surgical.
Dr. Vanni currently serves as Assistant Professor of Neurological Surgery and his clinical practice includes trauma, minimally invasive surgery, disc replacement surgery and complex revision surgery. He has written and co-authored numerous papers and book chapters and is involved in several ongoing clinical research projects.