Laura Barisoni, M.D.
- Fax: 305-689-7284
1) Pathogenesis and classification of podocytopathies and other diseases presenting with proteinuria (Minimal change disease, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, collapsing glomerulopathy and IgA nephropathy). Dr Barisoni is currently the chair of the Nephrotic Syndrome Study Network (NEPTUNE) pathology committee.
2) Application fo digital pathology in clinical trials and multicenter studies.
3) Fabry's disease clinical tirals.
As Chief of the Renal Pathology Service, Dr Barisoni, together with her team, is committed to provide an outstanding service for accurate and rapid diagnosis of renal diseases. In collaboration with the nephrology division and Dr Thomas, a member of the Renal Pathology Service, she participates in the activities of the " Glomerular Diseases: Second Opinion Clinic". The Glomerular Diseases: Second Opinion Clinic was created to serve community nephrologists and patients by providing a biopsy histology review coupled with a comprehensive clinical second opinion to assist in management of patients with kidney disease.
- American Board of Pathology-Anatomic
- Division Chief, Renal Pathology Service
- Professor of Pathology